Every 9th of May, my birthday date, I travel around city parks, admiring the beauty of the Nature, enjoying the warm sunrays and fresh air, as well as picking litter on my way and throwing it in the garbage boxes afterwards. In this way I educate myself to be environmentally friendly and respect the Nature of my Motherland and abroad. This also brings other benefits, such as spending time in a healthy way and personal satisfaction of doing something small, but extremely needed for the surrounding World.
The year 2010. The 9th of May is approaching fast. But this time I have decided to share my approach of having this small positive impact on the environment with the others. Thus, the “Green Picnic” initiative has been born.
“Green Picnic” is an environmental initiative aimed at self-education on being an environmentally-friendly citizen.
It can be practiced by any person and is represented in having a picnic at a local park, respecting the following rules:
1) No littering! – All garbage must be taken with you and thrown in the garbage boxes;
2) When leaving the place where you had had picnic, you must pick all the litter on your way and also throw it in the garbage boxes;
3) For food the natural products (fruits and vegetables) are preferred.
Benefits of the “Green Picnic” initiative:
1) Easy to implement;
2) Self-education on being environmentally friendly;
3) Keeps the parks and other public places clean;
4) Spending good time on fresh air together.
The first event of the initiative called “Green Picnic: The Roses Valley” will take place this 9th of May in the Chisinau park called “The Roses Valley”. It includes the picnic with litter-picking itself, as well as visiting the beautiful Memorial Complex to celebrate the Victory Day.
If you wish to join this event, please check the respective Facebook page “Green Picnic: The Roses Valley” and confirm your attendance.
Looking forward to seeing you together with us!